Sunday, March 16, 2008

Photos for you

I love your photo feedback! Thank you! Robert, the sunsets here are frequently uncommonly beautiful. And when you put in a saguaro, how can you lose? Glad you like that one.

I have been busy for the past few days since Dave left. We did have a wonderful time, and I have a few photos to share with you from our time together. I still have photos from the first part of his visit. These are from the last couple of days.

We went on Monday to Tubac and Tumacacori, in southern Arizona. This is a tile display from one of the stores:


We then visited the Titan Missile Museum. This was a real working missile silo at one time, and we got to see all the security systems in place. The tour was interesting and fun, and .. guess who our guide chose to "turn the key?" :) If you know me well, you know how anti-war and anti-missile I really am, so this was kinda funny:







This antenna is sometimes available for amateur radio users:


A photo of Dave and me reflected in the glass over the missile silo:


Shot through the glass:


On Tuesday, we took the hike up Blackett's Ridge. Everytime I do a particular hike, it's different. The sun is always different, the clouds, the plants, and this time... flowers!









I love hiking, and this day was wonderful! I somehow didn't get any photos of Dave, but he got a few of me!



And here's one of Ione and me talking in my living room. Notice how intently I'm listening, Ione! ;)
I'm about to enter a sort of blogging black hole. I'm going to be going to Sedona for a 4-day hiking club trip! We leave tomorrow at 9am and I'm not taking the computer. I'll be back on the blog on Thursday (or maybe Friday!)

4 comments:

  1. Regarding all your photos....WOW! I'm not even close to taking those type of shots with my new camera. Good eye!

    I'm going to miss your blogs but have fun and post some more pics from your hike.

    Maxine (PSNovice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit, I was slightly fearful seeing your finger on the Button. No offense meant. Ha.

    Dave is pretty darn cute, if you ask me. Nobody did, but that's not unusual.

    Have fun in the black hole. Take pictures. By the way, I am lusting for a DSLR now that they have gotten lighter and maybe I can handle one. Maybe that's what I'll do with my expected governmental windfall.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tiles! I see your having more fun than me, Janee. :) Thinking of you.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janee,

    Beautiful photos!

    Sedona is beautiful...so have a wonderful time. Look forward to seeing your photos of there.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete