Friday, March 14, 2008

End of the Week

Here we are on Friday again. Dave left on Wednesday, after a whirlwind 10 days of touring, hikes, good eats, morning walks, and afternoon swims. Actually, not counting travel days, we really had just 9 days together, with 2 of them ending in performances of the play and parties afterward.

Here's a list of some of the things that we did: Sonora Desert Museum, drove and hiked in Saguaro East, hiked Ventana Canyon, hiked Blackett's Ridge, drove to the top of Mt. Lemmon, watched a sunset over the Pantano Wash, rooted for the Colorado Rockies at a Spring Training baseball game, went on a photo shoot to the San Xavier Mission, visited Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Phoenix, went to Cabela's in Phoenix, visited the Hall of Flame firefighting museum in Phoenix, went shopping and eating in Tubac and Tumacacori, toured the Titan Missile Museum, and drank wine and sang along with "I just don't look good naked anymore" at the Michigan Party.

Nearly everyone who met Dave loved him, and the ones who didn't, didn't understand him. ;) Seriously, we had a really fine time, and everyone liked Dave.

Now that my deck is finished, I'm ready to stain it. John and I drove over to Home Depot and picked out stain. They didn't have it in stock, though, so I have to return there tomorrow morning to get it. I'll stain it this weekend.

Today I went for a swim. The day was warm, but breezy enough to make it feel just perfect. Several of my friends were over there, and it was fun, as always.

We had a good meeting of our Foto Fun club yesterday. A gentleman from the community came to critique our club members' photos and we all enjoyed this. Here are my photos that he critiqued. I have improved them, based upon his comments:






3 comments:

  1. Your visit with Dave sounds wonderful. I'm sure I would like him too if I met him. I hope his book is big success.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the cactus in the sunset is amazing. All the pictures are good but thats my favorite. Glad you had a good time with your friend Dave. Molly and I are getting very excited that spring is on the way! Hugs sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janee, I liked the photos and whatever corrections you used. The guy from the photo club had some nice tips. The composition of the pictures helped to make them stand out. But the colors were what made them spectacular. I can see you framing some and displaying them. Very nice work. Good to see you back into Photoshop again. cs-- I trust Dave was a morale boost. His visit seemed well timed, and you enjoyed being with him, and the environment you created while he was out there. I hope the positive mood continues. As ever.. John

    ReplyDelete