Saturday, March 08, 2008

Summer Fun

... At least that's what it feels like! Dave and I have enjoyed splendid weather for the past few days, and have taken full advantage of it. We have been swimming, we ate at an outdoor Mexican Cantina in Phoenix yesterday, and we went to a Spring Training baseball game today! I slathered on the sunscreen, so sustained no sunburning, and we drank plenty of water.

Jack put some finishing touches on my deck today, and moved his tools back to his own house. I still have to stain it, which I'll do soon after Dave leaves. I have to choose a color and just do it. Jack made some great little portable tables that hook onto the benches, and I was surprised and delighted by these, upon our arrival after the game today.

Dave and I visited Phoenix ydy, going to three destinations: Poisoned Pen Press, where Dave touted his now "star-reviewed" novel, Miracle Myx; Cabela's, where I got some cute new clothes; and the Hall of Flame -- a firefighters' museum full of fire engines and other fire-fighting paraphernalia. It was huge, and we both loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    Well, I'm back from Hawaii where I had a WONDERFUL time! I hated to return to the sub-freezing weather, but "it is what it is" as I always say.

    Sounds like you've had a great time with Dave. Tell him I said "hi".

    I caught up on your blogs, and the one line written by "anonymous" was an interesting look into someone's thought process. When it comes his/her turn to walk this path it will be different from the way we are walking it. As I told you, one widdow to another, we all handle grief in different ways. I am handling mine differently from my friends who are walking this path, and since you are younger than me, you have a whole life ahead. Mike would want you to be happy, so YOU DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, NEVER MIND WHAT OTHERS MAY SAY. They are not walking in your shoes or living in your skin. Besides, Mike liked Dave, as does the rest of the family, and I'm not sure if he knew all the people you are mentioning in Tucson, but I'm sure he would like them too.

    It sounds like you've been having a great time and a busy one at that. Post pics when you can.

    Well, I've got alot of catching up to do. I'll talk to you later.

    Love you,

    Me

    ReplyDelete