Friday, March 07, 2008

Goings on

What a fine few days I've had! On Tuesday, Dave and I began the day with a hike with the Hiking Club. We hiked up Ventana Canyon in the Catalinas, as far as the pools. We went pretty fast, too fast for my tastes, but we made it in fine shape. It was a hike with pretty "big up," as I like to put it -- about 1400 feet in elevation gain, according to Jack's GPS.

Dave and I hit the pool and hot tub, and then returned here so that I could get ready for the play.

The play went very well both nights (Tues and Wed), with plenty of laughs, many compliments for all the players, and tons of fun for all of us, too. On Tuesday, we did forget how our arrangement of "Clementine" went, but people laughed anyway, and we seemed like a group of happy hillbillies, which was what we were supposed to be.

Wednesday, Dave and I took in the Sonora Desert Museum. We saw no javelinas, but the coyotes were active and I got some of what I hope turn out to be good pictures. We dined at the Ironwood Cafe and saw the Free Flight raptor show with the graceful and beautiful Harris Hawks. What a cool place, and such a beautiful day it was!

Yesterday (Thursday) we went with the Foto Fun club to the Mission of San Xavier, southwest of Tucson for a photo op. While the left side is still in scaffolding, there were still nice photos to be taken. Fun day indeed!

We had supper last night at one of Michael and my favorite spots -- Sweet Tomatoes! We reminisced about Michael and shared some tears. It's great to have Dave here -- a real friend who knew Michael and loved him too.


1 comment:

  1. so here is what you are missing in the midwest--snow, snow and more snow. I am assuming Indiana is getting what we are getting in Ohio--the forecast thru Saturday is 10-14 inches.
    so if you could box up some of that warmer weather and send it east, that would be great.
    My Ted would have cancelled patients and we would be sitting at Panera for coffee--oh well.

    karen from the spouses of BT website

    ReplyDelete