Monday, March 03, 2008

Great Day

Today Dave and I got an early (for me) start. We went walking and then Dave showered while I went to my play rehearsal. The rehearsal went well.

Then I gave Dave a choice of a city tour or a Saguaro East tour, and he chose the Saguaro East option. We did the Loop Drive, taking time to get out and read placards, take pictures, and even went on a short hike on the Cactus Forest Trail. Dave took a few photos of Myx for his blog and even had to pick cactus needles out of Myx's pages! Yow!

We went to the Visitor's Center, and verified that the little creatures we saw running across the road were ground squirrels.

Our tummies were rumbling, and Dave wanted a hotdog! Where better to get a hotdog than LaMesa RV? Darrin and Rich were there offering hugs and tickets to the lunch, which was just as good as I'd promised Dave.

We got back in time to get ready for the pool party. Janet and Pete had invited us earlier in the day. Although it was just in the low 60's and cool, we prepped for swimming!

The pool was grand -- 87° -- and we enjoyed our swim before soaking for a time in the hot tub. After that, we listened to music and ate some snacks with my friends. What fun!

Dinner was In-and-Out Burgers, and then we went to Target to get some supplies. Computer time and then bedtime! Great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis...I have been pretty silent on here, so I thought I better get you a note.

    The weather has been crazy here, 70 one day and the next 2 inches of ice to drive in!! Love Indiana.

    I am really looking forward to seeing you in a month or so. I didn't think I would miss you so much ;) but, I really do.

    Lisa and Adam are moving in a few weeks and that will keep me busy helping with packing, kids, etc. They are moving to a rental (a very nice new house, but renting instead). It will save them money and they are all about that right now. Good thing to be into. Aaron and Angie are saving too. Good to see they do not take after their mom.

    The kids are all growing like weeds, well, Aaron's kids are, Lisa's just get older, but don't grow much. Just come from littler stock. Spencer and Nate will both start kindergarden in the fall - different school systems though. Spencer, Avon; Nate, Danville.

    It is always good to see pictures and hear about your adventures. Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete