Sunday, March 02, 2008

Evening in Paris

Far Horizons "An Evening in Paris" was a wonderful night of dinner, wine, and dancing. My date was Matt, who is a dancing instructor extraordinaire from Casa Grande. What fun we had! We danced nearly every dance, even dancing one in the parking lot, when the dance floor was too crowded and I was too warm.

Dress rehearsal went pretty well tonight. Full makeup, costumes, and props were all in use. Just about everything went off without a hitch. My first hillbilly scene was good, but the last one needs work. We will be rehearsing again tomorrow.

Dave is here! :) He arrived this evening while my dress rehearsal was going on. His flight, while making for a long day, was easy and uneventful. I gave him the rundown of the play, showed him around my cottage, and we just caught up a bit. I'm a happy girl tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Glad your having a wonderful time. Wish Molly and I could be there to see your play. I used to dance alot at the moose lodge and it was so fun. Very nice sunshine today but its very windy and only 9 degrees. Cant wait till spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you just lose your husband in October????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment, Robert! 9 degrees? Yikes!

    "Anonymous," I suppose you have a point, but I'm missing it. Perhaps you're of the notion that a widow cannot go to a dance? Or she's not allowed to have fun of any sort, maybe?

    If you were to go back and read my story, you'd see (I hope) that I have honored my husband, and I continue to do so with my actions. He wanted me to find love again, and I will do that, when I'm ready. For now, I'm getting out some, but I don't even call it "dating," because I'm not looking for love yet.

    Everyone's made of different stuff. Some widows feel a huge void and must fill it immediately. I know some who have remarried within just a few months. Other widows don't ever marry again. When you find yourself widowed (and you will, if you make it that long), I hope you can live your life according to your own choices.

    ReplyDelete