Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I can do anything

I'm glad that you are all enjoying these photos! Today Jack and I worked to get the electrical connections for the RV completed. I did a part of it that was for me a big deal, and I have to give you a little history here:

Back in June of 2007, Michael and I were heading out to go to the east coast in the little Navion. We stopped at Camping World in Greenwood, to get the wheel covers with their braided valve stems, and we were very happy with these.

Well, while we were there, we shopped around at the Camping World store and I found a plug replacement for the 30 amp plug that is on the RV. The problem with the one that was on there is that it's hard for me to pull it out of the box, when I'm leaving a campsite. Click this link and you'll see that the one that I wanted has a handle, making it far easier to pull out!

Well, Michael told me that I couldn't get it, because I wouldn't be able to install it, and his hands were too shaky at that point. I still wanted it, but held off on getting it.

Fast forward. I was down at Camping World here with Jack and Kathy a few weeks ago, and asked Jack if I'd be able to install that plug. He looked at it and, with a "sure you could, heck yes" expression, asked me why I'd ask that. I told him that Michael had said that I wouldn't be able to do it. I bought the plug.

And today, while Jack was working on other things, I read the directions and did the installation of the plug.. all by myself. I cut off the old plug. I cut back the black insulation. I stripped the wires to the appropriate lengths. I wound the wires around the appropriate screws and tightened them. I put it all back together. I plugged it in. And it works! :)

I feel like Michael reads my blog; he always did read it. I hope that he is reading this and sees that I actually DID that. Of course, I feel like Wonder Woman!

3 comments:

  1. Molly and I have home improvement projects that need to be done, how much do you charge? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee,

    Three cheers on installing that electrical plug. Women really can do lots of things that men keep saying we can't. I'm a better electrician than E.R. is any day.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Wonder Woman,

    I knew there was nothing you couldn't do!

    AND . . if you are invited to a costume party, there you are, Janee as Wonder Woman!

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete