Sunday, February 24, 2008

Catching up a little

Guess what? I've done many things which I have not talked about! And I've taken probably a thousand pictures which I have not posted! Some of the things that I've done have been amazingly fun, and a few of the photos are actually good.

This posting is an attempt to catch up a little on just a few of the photos.

Eric took these at the Desert Museum on 2/3:



These were from the Agua Caliente Hill hike on 2/5. That, recall, is the hike when I became dehydrated and sick:







I shot these at the Reid Park Zoo on 2/7. This is an anteater and the 2nd picture is of an otter:




These were from the Rodeo Parade yesterday, on 2/23. There were 900 horses in this parade, and this 2nd photo shows just a few of them:


And here, at long last, are photos of the deck Jack and I have built. Note that the top of the bar is not done yet in these pictures, and it is not done yet in real life, either. The RV will be moved up from where it is here, so it'll not be quite as close to the deck:



Yesterday I went up to Casa Grande and spent the day with Matt. He's going to be accompanying me to the big dance here next weekend. We had a great day, with him teaching me some dance steps (he's a dance instructor), going on a tour of "his" little lake, having lunch, and then doing more dancing. What fun! I hope that more dancing is in my future!

Today I went with a group of friends to the rodeo! We saw bucking broncos, women riding horses standing up, bull-riders, calf-roping, and lots more. This was my first rodeo, and I hope not my last. I bought a cowgirl hat which I'll show you in a future photo show.

Our weather the last couple of days has been delightful, with highs in the 70's, blue skies with high cirrus clouds, and lovely sunsets. Ok.. now I'll post this!

5 comments:

  1. They didn't hand you a shovel at the parade, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee,

    I was so excited to see the great pictures you posted, and I am totally impressed by your deck! Is there anything you can't do?

    It's nice to hear that you are having lots of fun - rodeos - dancing - parties. I'm happy for you.

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deck-a-licious!
    ~Jim~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome deck. Great benches that give it that finished look. Congratulations. Time for a party....
    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures...all of them! They were worth the wait!

    Thanks Janee

    Maxine

    ReplyDelete