Thursday, April 24, 2008

Orange-Cranberry

After a rapid walk today, during which I huffed and puffed as I talked to Dave, I went to Sunflower and brought back muffins for John and me. His hip's bothering him still, and he has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow. He chose the blueberry and I got the orange-cranberry. Sunflower Market has the best muffins in the world, I do believe.

I did some email and got pretty well caught up on that. Then it was off to Camping World to exchange that hitch lock. I measured it against the bolt that I had brought along, and the 1/2" lock looked perfect.

Well.. LOL... it wasn't! It was still too big! I ended up just using the bolt that came with the bike rack, and it's going to be fine. It's threaded into the receiver thing and then it's held with a cotter pin. To keep people from stealing the whole affair, I can chain the bike to the hardware that holds the spare tire onto the RV. Someone would have to want my bike very badly to get it off of there.

I got my estimate for finishing up my patio awning over my driveway (if I decide to put the RV in storage for the future), and .. $3000! I told them that I'll hold off on it for now. I think I'll go for a second estimate.

Tucson is getting more and more beautiful, with flowers and trees blooming everywhere. The palo verdes look like they are painted with an airy yellow brush on the tips of the green branches. The prickly pears are abloom with peach or yellow blossoms. Even my purple prickly pear behind my cottage is covered in yellow blooms! The chollas are blooming in red, orange, or yellow. Night-blooming cereus are cause for a gathering, as they bloom at night, for only one night per showy bloom. I just found this website which is an amazing collection of work, write-ups, and photos of Tucson flowers! Do have a look.

And as Tucson becomes more beautiful with her flowers, the streets are becoming quieter, particularly here in the Village. I would estimate that only one cottage in 7 has people still in it, and most of these people will remain here for the summer.

Be sure that you read my comment for my last entry. In that comment, I tell how I use Photoshop to enhance and save my everyday photos for this blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. Janee, I like the use of an Action to take care of the blue cast you get from your camera. I will keep that in mind.

    I just learned an alternate way for color cast correction today using Filter > Blur > Average on a dupe of the background layer to find the cast color. Then Image > Adjustments > Invert to get the correcting color. Change that new layer blend mode to Color and reduce the Opacity to correct the color cast in the original image. Add an S - curve for contrast. It is a kick.
    John

    ReplyDelete