Sunday, April 27, 2008

Janee's new haircut

Miracle Myx has arrived in my mailbox! Yeppers, folks, Dave's book is finally out there. It's not on the brick-and-mortar bookstore shelves till May 1, but it's available now at Amazon! Read about it, and meet Dave at his site, DaveWritesBooks.com. Be sure you click his Where's Myx and MySpace links, too. Dave's got a lot to say, and most of it will make you laugh. Here's the book trailer. I love this!


I just got another email complimenting me on my new haircut, and I have not even posted any pics of it! I'm thinking that you may be seeing that picture of me in my slideshow, in which I'm wearing light blue and my hair is quite short.. with bangs.

Well, I just got my hair cut again, just a week after the first time, because I was not happy with the layering. Now it's .. well, rather than describing it, I'll just post a couple of snaps that John took when we were on our way to the lasagna supper on Friday evening:



Yesterday, Jack and I went for a bike ride. We rode to the 0 mile mark for the Mt Lemmon Highway and then I waited, panting, as Jack rode up to the 1-mile mark and back. Then we rode together to Agua Caliente Park, where, to our delight, they were having a pancake breakfast for $6. Sausage, juice, and pancakes! Yum! They were giving out door prizes and I won one -- an insulated coffee mug, which I really needed. ;) It's always fun to win, though!

After getting our bellies filled, we rode back to the Village, over hill and dale. There was one hill that seemed to go forever -- up, of course! So I'm pedaling as hard as I could, using my "baby gears," seeing about 5 mph on my speedometer. Pant.. pant... and then I see the sign. "Hill," it read. What? What WAS this thing that I'd been climbing? I had to stop and rest while Jack drummed his fingers on his handlebars, far up the road at the top of said Hill.

Once I got my breath back, I steeled myself and oomphed up the hill. Yay! Then came the downhill which seemed equally huge. Looks like they could have saved us some effort, by leveling things out there.

LOL.. so my spellcheck didn't like "oomphed." Usually spellcheck offers suggestions for correct spellings, and I was curious what it would suggest in this case. Here are the suggestions:


So we got back and I was plenty tired. I'd mentioned before that I was thinking that my breathing difficulties were at least partly due to my asthma, and now I'm convinced. I did a few things to help myself for this bike ride, and it seems that the combination helped. This time I drank 20 oz of water an hour before the ride, I took one puff of my inhaler just before leaving, and I took another puff at the 0-mile mark. I was also very careful about staying hydrated on the ride, and tried to not mouth-breathe. That's a toughie, though. (I hope that I'm not showing myself to be too much of a weakling. I'm really not, and I'm feel like I'm working to make myself stronger.)

Here's a video that a friend sent me and it made me laugh. I hope it makes you laugh too:



4 comments:

  1. Janee, your haircut is great. Makes you look very youthful! I think your friend's book will do well indeed. I hope he promotes it on TV and radio. Congrats on your coffee mug. Hey, a win is a win.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sis...I LOVE your haircut! It really compliments your nice smile.

    We are busy with our packing and getting ready to move. We don't have a date yet, but probably mid-May as long as the home equity loan goes through on our current house. There is a problem because the house is deemed "modular" so it does not get appraised the same way. Our credit union was going to do it, but then just this weekend, left a message and said they canceled the appraisal for Monday and were going to call and tell me what the alternatives are for a loan. We have to have a loan for the $20,000 we need for down payment on the other place. The re-finance we tried to get didn't work because they found out our house is up for rent and the do not do re-fi's on "rentals." Geez, we might be staying right here and NOT moving. If the $20,000 loan through the credit union is not a home equity loan, the interest rate will be too high and therefore, the payments will also be too high and we cannot afford to tack that onto the house payment of the new place.

    What a pain! We do have two people looking at our house to rent tomorrow...but, we can't agree to that until we find out about the down payment. I am just a nervous wreck. Lisa says it will all work out one way or the other, which she is right about that for sure ;)

    I used to love to ride my bike all over the place when I was a teenager. I was so in shape then even if I was chubby. Now, not so much. I have lost about 15 lbs. and stayed at that weight for about a year now (since getting out of school). I cut out for the most part eating chocolate. It has really helped all around. I don't get up and move enough at work, so I have been working on that.

    You are going to head this way soon according to your blog. I hope you have a good and safe trip. We are looking forward to seeing you and spending some time with you.

    Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Janee you did the right things before your bike ride. Exercised induced asthma can be helped with a puff of albuterol before the planned exercise. Lots of times in my case I can take a bike ride or a strenuous walk on a treadmill and my adrenelin takes over and then im fine. Drinking lots of water is good for asthma for sure. I like your hair cut too. Love ya lots, Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...where in the world is Carmen Sa...er, Janee??!
    Nice do, Janee. It looks good on you. Indiana has a few hills that should test your endurance on that new bike. Weather is finally getting to be nice here. You'll enjoy it once you're back. I hope Maddy and Eddie are ready to go!
    tc....Jim(c)

    ReplyDelete