Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy indeed

Life has changed for me in a big way. I'm now in Big Rapids, MI, and I even have an address here! It's PO Box 1153, and the zip code is 49307. :)

We've been really insanely busy. We worked together on the deck for 4 days, and finished it! It's really beautiful and I know that they're going to love it. We've been doing church things and today worked on tearing up Gary's house to replace the carpet with a wood-looking floor and Jack sprayed some new "popcorn" onto the kitchen ceiling.

Fun? Yes, you bet. We've done some really fun things in the past week+ that I've been here. On Friday, we drove over to Ludington, where we enjoyed a walk on the beach, walked out to the lighthouse there, had a delicious supper at the House of Flavors, perused some shops, and had ice cream in Baldwin, on the way home. I took some pictures, but have not had a chance to review them. When I do, you'll see them too!

We went shopping ydy, getting me some winter things at the local Goodwill store! I found some neat tops and a winter coat, and spent just $44. I'll likely be giving some of the things back, when I leave, to make room in the RV for our trip west, but for now, I'll be enjoying them!

Today we found the adapter that I had to plug in my RV, and it's now getting its batteries charged. Eddie's doing fine living in there, and we play with him and care for him a few times a day, so he's happy.

I'm way behind on my email, and I really have to get back into the habit of checking it and answering it. I am hopeful that things can slow down here very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janee,
    I was glad to see your posting this evening and look forward to the pictures. It does sound as though life has changed for you in a big and HAPPY way!

    Our life has also been hectic recently, some of it good, some not so good, but I'll write more about that in a real e-mail. I know you are swamped with messages so I won't expect an immediate answer. :-) A really fun thing that happened recently was a trip to northeastern Ohio for my 60th high school class reunion. There were only 35 in our graduating class. Eight of those are deceased. Fourteen class members attended, seven with spouses. I hadn't seen one of the women there since the day we graduated! Fun, fun, fun!

    What a great idea to buy clothes you only need temporarily at Good Will!

    Stay happy!

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete