Thursday, October 02, 2008

Remembering One Year Ago

One year ago today was when Michael passed away, after living with a brain tumor for 14 months. Today, here in Big Rapids, Michigan, the day is quite different from the sunny and lovely day that he died, but I'm remembering him, and remembering his last day.

Mostly, I remember how Becky, George, and Angie came up from Louisville to be with us on that day, and how they were there for me after he died. I think we went to eat at MCL Cafeteria, which is now closed.

This photo was taken by our friend John Durrett, one wonderful evening in February 2006 in Phoenix.




6 comments:

  1. Sis - what a great picture of you two. Michael would be very proud of you and how you have dealt with the issues and emotions of the last 12 months. You are one awesome person!

    I love you and thanks for helping us to remember how great Michael was. :)

    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will all miss him. Maybe that is the greatest thing that can be said of a person.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janee,

    It is nice to remember what a vibrant man Michael was. I remember the evening that picture was taken. We shared wine, food and friends. A pleasant interlude in a back yard in Phoenix. I am glad the picture turned out well, and that it has provided a good memory of you and Michael.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone, for your comments here, and for remembering Michael along with me. And thank you, especially, John, for the great picture. I have had this on my desktop for so long now, and have enjoyed it so, that I sort of think of it as "my" photo. Of course, it's actually yours! I've edited the blog to give you credit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What very nice tributes to Michael. I'm really sorry I didn't get to know him.

    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have good memories of Michael, too. What a sweet, kind, NICE man. I'm so glad I got to spend a day in Dallas with the two of you. Every time David and I go to Scalini's we think of Michael -- healthy-looking, robust, and so aware of his days on Earth. All who knew him are blessed.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete