Monday, October 06, 2008

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Yeah, I know.. everyone has one, and they are nearly all good. But here's mine, that I made for our church group. There were just 12 of us there, I made the whole recipe, there was other food, and, in the end, this was GONE, with the glass dish nearly licked clean. And, besides that, it's low in fat:

==========================

Janee's Best-Ever Spinach-Artichoke Dip

Mix all of these in a bowl:
20 oz Artichoke Hearts,
drained and chopped just a bit
10 oz Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
3/4 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
3/4 C Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
3/4 C Low-Fat Mayonaisse
1/2 t Garlic Powder
Spray a 9" pie plate with Pam.
Spread mixture into pan and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Serve with Triscuits!

==========================

Other happenings... uh... The status quo continues. Jack and I are still staying at Gary and Chuck's. Eddie's still out in the RV. We put a little heater out there for him, and we did take the RV out and got it winterized on Friday, just before our 25° night on Saturday.

I went on Thursday night with Luanne to her knitting club, and that was really fun for me. I met all the women and we all knitted, drank wine, ate cookies and fruit, and talked about the problems of our immediate worlds. I'm making a little dress-up short sweater with a cabled edge. It'll be good for me to wear out on cool evenings or to church on cool mornings. I'm making it in a winter-white acrylic/wool blend. Very pretty.

We went on Saturday and build some sets for friend Linda's school play, and that was more fun than I thought it would be. I picked up a table that had nails in it, though, and punctured my thumb. It still hurts today. Linda and I ran out for Subway for lunch and we all ate in the school's cafeteria area, overlooking the stage and the sets that we'd built. Kinda cool.

Church remains fun for me. I believe that I espouse the ideals set out by the churches that I've attended, and it seems as if the Pastor is speaking directly to ME most of the time. I get emotional, and sometimes I cry.

But I have been thus far unable to reconcile my beliefs with Christianity (or any other organized religion, for that matter). My issue is that, unless I am missing some vital connection, I can't say that I believe in some extra-terrestrial divine-but-human-like being which created us and controls us. Is it enough to live a life defined by positive thoughts and deeds, and to just think of God as nature?

5 comments:

  1. Yep! - that's the problem and that's why they call it having faith. If we knew for certain there would be no need for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe sounds, umm, delicious.
    Keep working on that sweater, soon it's going to be cold there.
    It's only going to be 85 here today. Think I'll go and lay by the pool.
    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everything sounds great with the exception of the spinich, which of course is on my medical no no list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sis.

    The dip sounds yummy - NOT. But, you know me...nothing "strange" and nothing with "dip" in the name. LOL.

    I love John's comment about the sweater. Just think, if you were in AZ, you could knit a bikini!!

    As far as the "faith" thing, we were a little cheated growing up by not getting to explore more options. I think it is great to have faith in something other than just what you see and touch. It can give a great inner peace and that is what it is all about to me. :) Be kind to others, what goes around comes around, etc. You know all the sayings.

    Tell Jack Howdy from me. Chat with you later - you can call sometime ;)

    Love, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the church thing is a socializing thing, or alternately a real and deeply held faith; both are cool. If there are social/interpersonal pressures involved... not so good.

    bob rogers

    ReplyDelete