Friday, October 31, 2008

A beautiful Autumn day

There is no blue in the font choices for this blog that matches the wonderful blue of this Michigan sky! Today it is 66° here in Big Rapids, and the leaves that are left are gorgeous against the blue.

I had a fine and fun birthday. Jack and I traveled south to Annette and Steve's. We left on my birthday and returned on his, just 3 days later! High points were many, but included fantastic food (chicken, chicken/noodles, and pot roast -- YUM!), a trip to DQ, shopping with Jack at Circle Center and Keystone at the Crossing, getting a tour of Dow/Agro and having lunch with Annette during her workday.

At Keystone at the Crossing, I found some neat clothes at Coldwater Creek, and dropped a bit of money there. It was time. I needed a shopping spree -- and new clothes, too. You may recall that I had given away nearly all my wintery things before I left Bloomington, thinking that I'd be wintering from now on in Tucson!

Other things: On the 24th, we went to see the plays the high school kids put on at Morley Stanwood High School. They had done Midsummer Night's Dream and Shut and Bar the Door. While MSND was well done, we both laughed our heads off at Shut and Bar the Door. These plays were ones for which Jack and I had helped with set construction, and we had our names in the program!

We have been helping with set construction for the Stage M production of A Male Animal. While Jack was helping the guys with nail-pounding, I painted flats. Aside from the room we were working in being freezing cold, it was fun working with the folks.

Then ydy, Jack and I were both up on ladders installing siding on the new Stage M building. I've discovered that, while I rather like the siding installation process, I am not enthusiastic about ladder-climbing!

Today I'm home while Jack's off moving the sets for the play. My tummy hurts and I didn't feel like putting my back in harm's way, either, so I'll let him do that.
And tonight's Halloween! Being way out here in the countryside, we will not likely get many trick-or-treaters, but.. we may, too, and we're ready!

4 comments:

  1. Hey sis.

    We had a great time when you were here, too. The weather is great down here too. It is up to 70! I know we will pay for it later, but for now, windows opened, fresh air in.

    Why does your tummy hurt? :( Did you eat too much when you were down here ;) We had some really good steaks on the grill tonight. Steve is a pretty good cook.

    Another week over with and on to the weekend. We have Aaron's boys tomorrow night overnight. They go to bed early and sleep late in the morning. Perfect for Nana.

    We are loving the dining room and I am now checking out all the pictures I have to see if anything will work in there. I have some that I think will. I am going to make a table runner, so that should be interesting.

    Let me know how things are going and if any plans have changed. You guys can come down and share Thanksgiving with us if you like. I have the whole week off, and we do the truckstop thing which you can come to on Thanksgiving. We will cook one other day for the kids, but they have to let me know what day.

    Love you - Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm. The latest change in the weather may help.

    Jack:

    VE exams are today. Remember every first Saturday of each month. If you are going to run off with this wonderful lady you need to get your license. ;-)

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great talking to you yesterday. I hope you are feeling better now. And I really hope you get the answer you want today.
    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  4. belated happy birthday, Janee!
    Ok, I'm not trying to be judgemental here, but just am a little confused. Are you living with Jack in Michigan? Are you heading to Tucson this winter? Where is Eddie? How did you guys get involved with working on the sets for the plays?

    ReplyDelete