Sunday, November 02, 2008

What am I doing here?

The question came up in one of the comments from my last posting, so I'll answer it. Jack and I are friends -- good friends. I am living with Eddie in my little RV which is parked outside of the house where Jack lives. We have it plugged into electricity, so we stay warm. Since it's getting to be winter here, I had the RV winterized -- water drained and RV antifreeze installed into the lines -- so I don't have bathroom facilities in the RV, and I don't cook or eat in there either. My address is a PO box for now.

Jack's been involved in theater for many years, in set construction, mainly, though he did direct the Far Horizons play last winter. I've done plays, singing and acting, since I was a teenager, so it's not much of a stretch that I would become involved in community theater here.

And it's also natural for both of us to be involved in large-scale food operations! Yesterday we did just that, working to prepare and serve the Harvest Dinner for the church. I folded napkins, set tables, filled salt shakers, cut pies, and scooped out green beans. Jack did.. LOL just about everything else. There were probably dozens of people helping altogether, so it was light work, and fun!

7 comments:

  1. First of all, you don't have to explain youself to anyone but yourself. Especially not to anonymous people who can't even leave their name. It's none of their damn business. Sorry but this kind of rudeness makes my blood start to boil. If you can't sign your name, don't ask it.
    OK, now that I've vented. Hope you are feeling better and got the answer you were wanting.

    Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh, John, lighten up!!! Janee put her house on the market & went to Michigan. I did say that I was NOT being judgemental but was confused! WHat confused me was her statement "we will not likely get many trick-or-treaters, but.. we may, too, and we're ready!" I just wondered if she was planning on living up there or what since Janee also said that she HAD originally been planning on going to Tucson by now so she got rid of her winter clothes, but now had to buy new ones. I ASKED if she was still going to Tucson. It just sounded like she was settled in in Michigan! I'm thinking that YOU assumed I was asking if she was "shacking up" by the way your blood is "boiling". Perhaps that is what is in YOUR mind.
    Please calm yourself---Janee obviously did not take my post the same way that you did. If you don't want to call me "anonymous", then you can call me Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, thanks for signing your name this time.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well some of us do care about Janee and worry about her. We would hate to see someone take advantage of this wonderful lady.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray, a correction to your note.
    We ALL care about and worry about Janee.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. John:

    Actually I think you and I are saying the same thing in different ways. I was in general including all of those who are posting here in the "some of us". That is "some of us" out of the general population of the US or something like that. I was not meaning to segregate the people posting here into groups, and if you took it that way I am sorry.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ray, no need to apologize for anything. We are all here because we all care for Janee in our own way. It's great to see the same group of people read her blog on a regular basis. Just shows how much she has affected each of us. And how much we all wish her well.
    J

    ReplyDelete