Thursday, November 06, 2008

Road Trip

Yesterday, while Jack was taking care of personal business, I went with Kay, Chuck, Gary, and Doug to Grand Rapids to have lunch and see a movie! Doug drove. The day was wonderful, with warm air, blue skies, and the last of the autumn leaves quivering on their branches.

The movie wasn't so great, though. We saw Rock 'n Rolla. It was about drugs and violence, but the plot was confusing, with many flash-backs. None of us liked it enough to want to see the sequel, which the end of the movie promised. I was happy to see it end. To make things worse, because we'd eaten a hearty lunch (Chinese buffet), we didn't get popcorn!

On Tuesday, Jack and I went over and raked leaves at the house that will soon be his again. It's amazing how many leaves and pine needles one little yard can hold! And now I am feeling muscles that I didn't even realize that I'd had! The day, again, was beautiful. With temperatures into the 70's, we didn't even consider jackets.

We've been eating well. After church on Harvest Dinner weekend, they sell the leftovers from the meal, and we scored enough stuff to make some fantastic turkey soup as well as lots of trimmings. The dressing was fabulous on Tuesday evening, rolled up into pounded chicken breasts and baked, with mashed potatoes, which he'd fried up. Mmmmm! And this morning, Jack made omelets, bacon, and hash browns. :) I have been cooking some too, but mostly acting as Jack's sous-chef. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hey sis...good to see you are having some nice weather up there, too. It is changing out right now as I type.

    I am thinking about the art project for the wall in the dining room. I have done anything for so long, not sure I still can. I am still pondering exactly what I would like. I do want a really nice black and white photo of some peaceful landscape, or waterfall type thing for the family room. If you run across any great pictures, let me know and I will have a look to see if it is something I would like to blow up on the wall.

    Steve has not found a job and things are getting very, very tight again. I hate this feeling of being squeezed and not being able to do much of anything...like go to the freakin' grocery store!

    Are you still leaving up north in mid-Dec.? Maybe you guys can come down for a couple days over Thanksgiving? You are more than welcome, for sure.

    Take care...give Jack a hug from me (you can have one, too). Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, see the comments section on my blog. Thanks, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves must have been quivering because they knew todays weather was coming. 78 WARM degrees hear today. :)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Janee!

    Havent' check out your blog in a bit...glad to see that you are happy and being creative! Beautiful fall colors.....we don't see much of that here ;o)

    Aloha and hugs my dear,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, sis - where are you?? I know you are busy, but you could at least write in your blog once a WEEK! :)~~

    Nothing new here, just checking on you guys.

    Talk to you soon...I hope. Love, Sis.

    ReplyDelete