Saturday, January 31, 2009

Photo Catch-Up

I have a collection of photos to share with you all today, and I have still more that I need to go through. These are from a couple of weeks ago.

This one is for Annette. I'm cutting up a piece of cardboard to make a sheath for a new knife! This is something that makes complete sense to me. It makes Annette laugh.


Here are photos that I took during our photo club's photo shoot in downtown Tucson:




Huh?






















I love photographing old stuff, peeling paint, and the like. This first one I call "Broken Heart."



We did another club photo shoot this past Thursday at the La Rienda Ranch. The light was so harsh that few of my photos were worth keeping. Here are a few that I liked:






Otherwise, things are going mostly just fine. Practice for the show is progressing. My role has changed a couple of times, most recently, because a woman for whom I was to sing backup decided not to be in the production. Now it's looking like I'll be doing a bit of backup singing for someone else, and I'll be doing some comedic acting

We went on a neat hike on the 26th of January, heading up to Ventana Canyon. That's the same place where we hiked in the spring when we saw the little Ventana Canyon frogs. No frogs yet this year, though!

We went yesterday on a marathon-style hike up toward Finger Rock. This time, we made it further than ever before, but still didn't make it all the way to Linda Vista, I don't think, at least. From the descriptions of the trail that I've read, I think that we probably just missed that vista by 20 minutes or so. We did go far enough to exhaust us and make us very sore today! This is the first soreness I've had from a hike this season.





3 comments:

  1. You don't exactly look like you are keeping safe

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. Love the pictures! You two look so great and happy. I laughed so hard when I read what you were doing with the cardboard! OMG. Work has been awful...just lots of work and lots of changes. I guess I am getting old. I like some things to stay the same.

    Chat with you later. Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your photos Janee. Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete