Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Great Week

What a fine week we've had! The big news of the week is that my house has been sold! The offer was good, I accepted, and closing is February 18. Now the challenge is to get my stuff out of there as soon as possible, and Annette and Steve are going to take that on. The real estate folks will be doing all the paperwork with me over email, fax, and snail mail. I'm tickled!

Things are going well here, too. The weather has been wonderful, with highs in the 60's - 70's and most days are "severe clear." We're staying very busy with our park's activities, and having fun with it all. Hiking has been great! We did Ventana Canyon this past Tuesday. I led the hike and everyone enjoyed my pacing. I'm in the choir now, and I really love that.

We got our play parts a week ago, and I got a couple of parts. I'm going to be singing backup behind my new friend Julie, who sings like an angel. (I love to sing, I can carry a tune, but I don't sing like an angel. Wish I could!) I also have a small speaking/acting part. Should be fun!

Ballroom dancing classes have been very fun for Jack and me. He's a natural, supplying a very strong lead, and ... if you know me well, you know how much I love that!

Foto Fun has remained fun. We did a photo shoot downtown a couple of weeks ago, and last Thursday, we had a guest speaker, who was very good. He is a commercial photographer who shoots compelling advertising images. Neat stuff. He was supposed to talk to us about how to do better lighting, but he didn't. No one really cared, though, since his talk was so interesting.

Annette sent me this great shot from central Indiana.
Church has been good. We got a cold shoulder from the church where we had gone last year, so we went to the church up the street -- St. John on the Desert. The congregation is small, but they are active, friendly, and the pastor is very good. Oh.. and did I mention the delicious cookies that they have on the patio after services? :)

We had a small dinner party here a few nights ago, entertaining Robert and Mike, a really nice couple from down the street. They are retired from professional careers in Colorado. We met them in the hiking club the week we went up to Wasson Peak. Really fun guys. We enjoyed a dinner of grilled pork tenderloin, Jack's grilled potato wedges, and my yummy Italian squash sautee. We ended the meal with smores, which we cooked on on our little fire tower on the deck! We used dark chocolate squares.

So all is cool in Coolville, and that's where we are!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on selling your house!!!
    Robert and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. Sorry for not checking in on here for a while, but work has been crazy. As a matter of fact, I am at work now...not working at this moment though ;)

    Steve and I are going to go to Bloomington this weekend and get all your stuff out. I will let you know if we have any problems, but we shouldn't (unless this key I have isn't the key to the house).

    It is supposed to warm up to 50ish and that will be good. It might rain, and that would be bad. We will have to play that by ear I guess. You just have to love IN weather, unless you live in AZ!

    Love and miss you, sis.

    ReplyDelete