Monday, March 02, 2009

Goodbye Again

Today began with my complaining about all the stuff scattered around. (Seems that I do that a lot!) We took a few minutes casting things out and about, put things away, and then we were neat and tidy again.

It occurred to me that I had a cabinet in my tiny kitchen that has been dedicated to storing Michael's ashes. Well, that didn't make any sense to me today, so I decided that we would take a little trip with the ashes.

We went up the Catalina Highway, up to the very tippy top of Mt. Lemmon. Michael had wanted his ashes to be on top of one of the many peaks around Tucson, and Mt. Lemmon is the highest.

So after a fine luncheon at the Iron Door, we drove up the private (and closed) road up past the Ski Lodge to the top of the mountain and then hiked the short path to this place overlooking the whole city, smelling of tall Ponderosa pines and fresh cool air. And this is where I set Michael's ashes free at last.


After a quiet moment, we drove on to the Cookie Shack, where we shared a peanut butter cookie before driving back down to Tucson.

We got all set for our dance class ... and then got over to the clubhouse to discover that the lesson was canceled for this evening. :/ Ah well... so we are just chilling this evening. I got the food ready for tomorrow's hiking, and we're just resting.

No car incidents since we installed our camera, by the way. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sis:

    What a beautiful place for M to be set free.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No car incidents since everybody in the park knows about the camera.
    Love you, J
    PS I HAD to have pot roast last night with you know who. I told MAM to come down here and rescue me. I think she will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound a lot like a place very compatible with Mike. It just needed an antenna ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a touching tribute to Michael.
    And then a cookie.
    Unreal.

    ReplyDelete