Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Showtime!

Today was a great day! We began the day with breakfast and then our hike. This one was the Wild Horse Trail in Saguaro East. It wasn't a difficult hike by any stretch of the imagination, but it was fine. I took a few photos, none of which I've looked at yet. Because our leader had a doctor's appointment and some of the others of us had a show to put on, we did a short hike, arriving back home at about 12:30.

We did a little computer work and then did some shopping, getting poster board so that Jack could put up the photos that he had taken of our dress rehearsal.

Then it was time to get ready for the show. I showered and assembled my clothes, and went to the dressing room, where everyone was getting made-up and dressing. We arrived at staggered times, so that we were not all there at the same time. I got made up for my "Gold Digger" role first. Some pacing around and then it was time to go on as the first guest on "Johnny Carson."


The audience was great! We got applause for appearing, for singing, and then for our bow! We did well, singing backup for Ken's "Memories are made of this."

Then I headed back into makeup, where Marian readied me as Gladys Orensbee from Laugh-In. Here are some shots of me from Dress Rehearsal:



It was lots of fun doing Gladys tonight, and the audience was appreciative! After the show, we all went over to the Arizona Room for cookies and punch, and members of the audience came over to this reception, too. Many people told us that this was the best production that this park has seen.. ever! Maybe they say that every year, but ... then this WAS a fun production, for all concerned!

Jack and I were relaxing with popcorn after i took off all the makeup, when Ione came over and pounded on our door, inviting us to their house for an impromptu party! :) We went and had fun talking to all the people about how cool the show was!

1 comment:

  1. The show last night was great. Honestly, the best I have seen in the last 4 years. The others were good, but this one was extra special.
    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete