Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Icky Sticky

That's what you get when soaps leak out of their bottles. And soap will leak out of its bottle if it's stored long enough. Today we were working on cleaning up the laundry room, so that Jack could hopefully find the water leak. After 5.5 hours in this tiny room, we got the stuff all out of the cupboards, but there is just so much of it that, even with our working on boxing and taking out to the van all day long, we still have a ton of it on every horizontal surface in there. Have I mentioned how overwhelming this is? Ray, your bulldozer idea is looking more and more appealing, believe me!

Tonight, we had a delicious supper, but it was hurriedly prepared, since Jack had a 7pm meeting at the church. After he got back here, we fixed supper. He had an Asian-style chicken-topped salad.


I had... one of my favorite dinners: the chicken carcass! LMAO!
Here is our dining table all set up. Notice little Eddie there in his bed. We finally found a bed that he'll sleep in!


Another thing: Jack installed the soap dispenser that had come with the kitchen faucet. How cool is this?

10 comments:

  1. The food looks good. Maybe you and Jack will have to come to field day and cook for us.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way this is sounding more and more like my mom's house. At least you don't have someone moving stuff that you take out to the trach back in as fast or faster than you can move it out.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did this house come to be so incredibly stuffed with toxic stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the result of compulsive shopping and hoarding behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have not givien us a clue as to who the compulsive shopper/hoarder is/was. (we know it was not you)
    Since this is usually a deep seated compulsive behavior, I hope that this person is either out of the picture or has received the appropriate medication or therapies.

    No need to explain, Janee. We are just concerned and wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe we are talking about Jack's ex.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Ray's right. It had been going on, as far as I can tell, for at least 10 years. I do not wish to denigrate anyone, but, yes, this is a serious and ugly compulsion. I also hope that her friends and family will see that she gets the help that she very much needs. I don't think that it's possible for anyone to find joy living in that sort of a condition, and everyone deserves to find their joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to see you understand this as a compulsion. I also want to complement you on your admitting and accepting this. My sister and I are fighting this with my mom and she has a full farm to do this to. She also at times insists on bringing it over here to me. She brings me old 1 or 3 dollar broken electronics to fix.

    Now she is embracing the green movement as a reason and justification for this.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a family member that saved burn out light bulbs ----took a year to clean his place out with at least 2 dumpsters when he died. I feel sorry for the people that live with that kind of anxiety.
    No one could help them, but I think they have some better therapy now.

    ReplyDelete