Sunday, May 24, 2009

A day off... sort of

Church was good today, and it was nice to be back to see all the people. We had lunch at Bob Evans, and then went to the house to get tools.

Why? Well, today we took the day off from working on the house, and did a neat project for the RV. I've always wanted to have a single-lever faucet in each of the sinks, so, a couple of days ago, we went shopping, I found one for the bathroom and the kitchen, and today Jack installed them for me!

Here is the bathroom sink before...

and after:

Here is the kitchen sink before...

and after:

The amazing thing is that he got them both put together on the first try. Notice that, while it's daytime in the before photos, it's ALSO daytime in the after photos! And nothing leaks!

While we were here working, Jan and Gary came over to visit, and it was great to see them.

I was a little maudlin today, remembering Michael's and my neat Race Day parties of past years. He was king of the grill and everyone loved our food. But I was happy that Danica Patrick came in 3rd! I want her to WIN, but 3rd is pretty good! :)

Oh! And I had a funny experience. A Facebook friend of mine had taken a test: "One word to describe yourself" and the quiz-writer had used MY ART to illustrate that quiz! I was stunned and very surprised to see my art used like that. I mean.. the internet is a big place! The art that they used is this:


I wrote to the quiz-writer and told them that I was aware of their "borrowing" my image and gave them terms by which I'll permit them to continue using it. How totally funny!

2 comments:

  1. For someone who doesn't want to be a bus driver, you sure do love gear shift levers ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, I like your new faucetry. Nice upgrade! Good for you for pursuing your emoticon swipers.

    Question for J: Do you like the new camera?

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete