Saturday, May 23, 2009

Work, work, work!

We've been working every day this week in Jack's house, bagging and boxing and sorting the thousands of things that are accumulated there. I actually made my way clear across one of the bedrooms to the bed! The bed itself is still covered with stuff, but there is now a path cleared to the bed.

Our friends Luanne and Dan came over and we gave them the tour. Sheesh. If it were not so sad, it'd be funny.

Although Annette may disagree, I really do abhor clutter, and strive for a clutter-free home. The way that this house is, the way that Jack used to live, is ... beyond belief cluttered. But we're working on it.

Ray, yes, LOL we have talked about bulldozing. And we're being careful about germs, washing our hands a lot!

3 comments:

  1. I figured about every day the bull dozer came up. I have done a few of these. Basically my mom's house is continually like this, and my sister and I have to insist that some stuff leave just to make it minimally livable.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. I know you don't like clutter or dirt...I just make fun of some of the things you save. It reminds me of all the things you used to save when we were kids. I used to toss everything and then you saved everything. I am still a little like that now, too.

    We have all 5 of the kids today while the adults go to the race. They are all grumpy and so it will be a blast! LOL.

    I am sad the race party at your house is not happening today. Even if I didn't go very often, it was at least always an option. :(

    Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are making some progress. Keep up the good work and in a few months you may be able to live in the house.

    ReplyDelete