Thursday, December 17, 2009

Building a Bed

For the past few days, Jack and I have been working on building our new bed. We're building a storage bed which will lift up, exposing a massive storage area. We're making a half-octagon headboard, too, and it will be covered in a leather-like fabric. All the wood is cut, the wood is sanded and polycoat is applied. The fabrics are bought and we're ready to start screwing things together!

The week's been otherwise good, too. The weather has finally given us some beautifully warm days, with highs in the 70's.

Hiking on Tuesday was the annual Donut Hike. Of course, with my current weight mission, I didn't want to eat 500 calories in the form of an apple fritter, which is mostly empty calories. Rather, I ate a banana, and it was delicious!

Speaking of bananas, if you like them, here's a wonderful dessert:

Cut up one banana into a bowl.
Cover this with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.
Chop 3 peanuts and put these on top.

Eat slowly and enjoy every bite!
218 calories, but the best part is that it's the best part of a banana split! If your chocolate syrup is cold, you get the cold sensation, the crunch of the peanuts (6 calories each), and, hiding underneath it all, is the banana, which is actually GOOD for you!

This morning I was 134.2 again. I am very pleased with this! I know that I'd hoped to be 130 by Christmas, but.. that was sort of a silly artificial goal anyway. Now my new goal is to be 130 by 1/15/10. Another silly artificial goal, but should be attainable.

6 comments:

  1. where is this bed going? I don't understand. How much trouble will it be to get into? On the whole sounds like a fun project.

    Keep on the weight loss-----good not to beat yourself up about not making the goal but just to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the same weight loss "stuck" pattern. I love your never give up attitude..

    Merry Christmas
    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dona! I don't give up easily, and this is such a GOOD mission.

    Anon, the bed is for the Tucson cottage. It looks just like a normal platform bed. The only difference is that the platform upon which the mattress sits is hinged, and rises to expose the storage space beneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sis. I have lost the 5 lbs I gain over Thanksgiving just in time to eat up for Christmas! LOL. I see you are almost below 134...I wish I were below 200! What a difference genetics can play, huh? Ok, I am blaming it on something other than how my elbow bends each time my mouth flys open (I think I have that backwards). :D

    Thanks so much for the great gift you guys sent us. We have been enjoying it for several days now and there is still lots there. We wish you could come and play Santa for us this year, but know the cold and snow is not your thang. It isn't that bad here right now, but January is always so looooong.

    Bob and Molly will be here for a Christmas visit so we will raise our glasses to you and know you guys will be missed. Love and kisses to you and Jack. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete