Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Lights

We got our Christmas lights put up in front of our cottage, and they look festive! We have a string of green and a string of red, and we've run them together, wrapped around the left steel agave and the bottom of its pot, over across the front of the cottage, and then wrapped around the right steel agave.

We also set up our little tree in the living room, right in front of the sliding door. (We don't use the sliding door for in- or e-gress because I don't think that they can be securely locked without a bar. So I installed a secure bar -- the screw-in kind -- and we use our back door and deadbolt.) We have a few things under the tree and it is just beautiful.

Tonight we went to a Christmas concert put on by the Tanque Verde Valley Singers, and it was great. It was at our church, with cookies afterward and they were plentiful and delicious.

Yesterday, we went to the play at the Gaslight Theater. It was good, getting everyone in the holiday spirit with laughs, a cute play, and singing along.

We're still enjoying our Wii. I recommend that YOU get one of these, whoever you are! It's a way to play games and get OUT of that chair. You can play tennis without having to put on one of those silly tennis dresses or drive out in the snow and ice. You can bowl, even if you can't lift those heavy balls. It's amazing the way the thing knows what you are doing, and can help you to be better.

We got a couple more games for it today. Jack got a WWII flying ace simulator, and I got a skateboard simulator. We also got another fitness coach disk.

Happy Hannukah to all of my Jewish friends and family! :)

7 comments:

  1. Less than 2 weeks til 130 - YOU CAN DO IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. But... it's taken me 4 months to lose just over 12 lbs. So that's 3 lbs a month. What I may end up doing is adding another month to my deadline. The important thing to me is not how soon I lose it, but how LONG I keep it off!

    I have also not ruled out losing another 5 lbs, either. That means another month or so. Hey, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really 12 lbs is good. What I notice is that as I get older the weight just sticks ----I was gaining a couple of lbs a year---at that rate I was going to be huge. Good job on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to lose anything below 130. You look close to skinny, but great, now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a fitness coach disk? I could use a fitness coach.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janee,
    I,ve lost almost 30lbs seens August. So if I can lose weight I know you can. You already look great anyway. keep working toward your goals as you always do and you will acheive them. Robert and I have had Our Wii for about a Year and love it it too will get you motivated to lose if you push your self. Merry Christmas to both of you and Happy new year.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete