Monday, January 04, 2010

Delicious Day

Yeah, this was a day I ate my way through. I guess we're all entitled to one of those, now and then, aren't we? Well, here we go: Breakfast was good -- Cheerios with bananas and skim, OJ, and 1/2 C of cantaloupe. Lunch -- 1/6 of a great big pizza at New York Pizza, with pepperoni and green olives. And dinner was a zucchini half stuffed with chicken, onions, and herbs, covered in tomato sauce, a green salad (no dressing), and 2 asiago cheese breadsticks with garlic butter. 16 oz of skim milk to drink. Also, during the day, I had 6 toffee peanuts and 12 tiny mints. And they were not sampling at Costco, so I didn't have anything there!

We didn't make it to the Health Nuts meeting, which is too bad. We were talking about goals for 2010 today, and I wanted to announce my health goals. You know one of them -- maintaining my 130 lbs, with a 3-lb leeway. I've made that; I'm just in the leeway part!

My other health goal is to get off my antidepressant in a healthy way. I am feeling very in control of my emotions and I am confident that this is something that I can do. I am now taking the pills just 2 days out of every 3. The primary reason for this is that my insurance company will not be covering my prescriptions, starting 1/1, so... here we are. I had to change to Michigan Blue Cross/Blue Shield, since I moved away from Indiana.

We went over to the storage lot and got the RV and Jack's car both started! We took his car back over here and he's charging the battery, getting it ready for the Nashes who will be borrowing the car for the winter. We drove the RV around a little, running a few errands, and then took it back.

We're signing up for dance lessons at a place in town. They're offering the first 4 lessons free, so we'll see how we like it.

2 comments:

  1. You could try a generic antidepressant. It would be much cheaper. But maybe your ready to do without them now----and that would be a good thing. Insurance is a big trick.

    Way to go on the weight loss ----also dancing will help---my friend does this core body thing to help her dancing. But They go several times a week. It does cost them a small fortune to do---but they enjoy it. Also she gets to wear some pretty cool dresses.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your doctor has not yet mentioned it to you, many anti-depressants take special precautions if you are going to be in tropical conditions for any period of time. You might want to verify exactly what precautions you need to take.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete