Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Hiking

While much of the country is suffering with record low temps, we are delighting in wonderful weather here in the Southwest! Our high temperature was about 72 and the sky was blue and clear. And today was hiking day! We hiked the Tanque Verde Ridge trail as far as the Dome. What a great hike this was!




Today would have been Michael's 67th birthday, and I thought that this hike was a fitting tribute. Here is Michael in San Francisco, getting ready to do one of his favorite things! .


I just love this photo of him! I have so many wonderful memories of Michael and our lives together. I am very happy now, but I know that a big part of who I am now was built by my time with Michael. He simply adored me. And that love is a treasure that I'll always have.


5 comments:

  1. 72 degrees, and you had to point that out. Janee you are mean ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael had a great smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael was cool all 'round. I wish he could hsve stayed longer. He looks like a happy man in that picture. No wonder you like it!

    It's going to get cold in Big D over the nexr few days. I have a new computer and lots of yummy food stashed in.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again. Know what I like most about that picture of Michael? His hands. They are saying, "Oh, boy, oh, boy, hurry up with that picture so I can eat these fries."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. That last comment was me.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete