Saturday, January 02, 2010

Great Day

We enjoyed a wonderful day yesterday. We slept late and then had a good breakfast. (Mine was Grape Nuts with raspberries!) Then I readied the dish we were to take to Harold's party. I made my fabulous spinach artichoke dip. (Put spinach in the search line of my blog for the recipe!)

The party was fun, and the company amiable. One highlight of the party was Earl and Vicky's son Chris, who played guitar and sang for us. He did some good old songs, but also some very cool things that he'd written. He played along with Harold and Rob, we all sang, and a good time was had by all!

There was lots of great food, but I was able to eat with restraint. In the past couple of parties, I've found that a good way for me to limit my eating is to stick to water to drink. I think that alcohol, besides being empty calories, and lots of them, serves to heighten my appetite, along with diminishing my will-power. I don't "need" to drink to have fun, so .. why do it? A glass of wine is fine, so long as it doesn't turn into two!

And, as a reward for my restraint, I saw a new number on the scale this morning -- 131.6! Might I actually make 130.0 by the 15th of January?

I talked to Dave yesterday, and that was good. We always enjoy a laugh when we talk, and this was no different. :)

2 comments:

  1. You went to a party with "THEM"? Wow a real breakthrough. Glad the weight loss is going so well. And really glad you and Dave are talking again. Tell him the real alpha dog says hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, with THEM! LOL! Yes it was a good time, and .. nice. I will pass the message along to Dave. I don't think that he reads my blog anymore.

    ReplyDelete