Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! And it's gotten off to a very happy start for us. We went up to the clubhouse yesterday afternoon, taking garbage and recycling, and happened upon our Activity Director Lily working on decorating the Fiesta Room. There was lots to do, and we were happy to join right in! Jack filled helium balloons, I tied on ribbons, we covered tables, put out candles and confetti. It was very festive when we were done!

Last evening, we enjoyed a quiet dinner together, relaxed for a couple of hours, and then got spiffed up to go to the New Year's Dance. I wore a black (size 8!) jumpsuit in a sort of slinky fabric, and my gold collar necklace. I'll have a photo soon!

We were among the first to arrive for the dance, and we got the best table! Joining us were Harold & Kathy, Pam & Mike, Denny & Karen, Marv & Jean, and Kim. As the time passed, even more people joined us.

Of course, we were not just sitting around! The band was engaging and we enjoyed dancing just about every song. They even knew the Bunny Hop! Jack's asked every band we've had, and this is the first one to know it! What fun! I felt great in my new outfit, too!

I'd committed myself before we left to drink just a couple of glasses of champagne, but I did even better than that, having just a sip at midnight with Jack. We actually saved our bottle for another day.

Midnight came much sooner than we all thought it would, and hugs, horns, hats, champagne, and "Happy New Year" ruled the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment