Sunday, March 14, 2010

Choir Concert

Reflections at Agua Caliente

I posted the recipe for the Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups in yesterday's blog posting. (I edited it to add the recipe.) Thank you to all who commented on the photo in my Facebook posting!

This was a good day. We went to church, followed by a health program and a good lunch.

After lunch, we were going to go to the Festival of Books. We had plans to walk down to the Speedway bus stop, take the bus to the UA campus, do the fair, and then take the bus back. Easy. But we got too late a start and got just as far as the bus stop, before we gave up and walked back.

We went to the grocery store and got the things that I needed to make my Chocolate!Chocolate! cupcakes for a couple of events we have coming up, came back home, and I baked them. After going for a time without doing much baking, it was FUN melting the chocolate and putting all the stuff together to make these babies. I still need to make the frosting for them and decorate them. I'll do that tomorrow.

This evening was our choir concert and it was lots of fun. We did pretty well, sounded good, and smiles were all around. We did it as a benefit for the Smile Train. Seriously, go to that site and have a look at some of the children's stories. How it warmed our hearts to be able to sing to benefit this organization -- and to pay for some operations on children who might not otherwise have them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment