Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hillsboro, NM photo

Our first day in Truth or Consequences, NM, we drove 40 miles to Hillsboro to hike. The day was gray and chilly and I captured this photo:

Today was Far Horizons' Fun Day, which began with a parade. Many of the park's clubs and groups marched, including Jack and me. We marched as part of the Hiking Club, and it was fun.

After the parade, we went in for donuts and coffee. Yes, I actually had a donut -- my first in probably a year. Games followed, and then more food -- a chili dog and chips by the pool.

Yes, it was a very good day. The only complaint that I have is that my index finger tips are feeling "loose." The joints also hurt. The doctor says that it's probably "just a little arthritis." I hate thinking that this is something that I'll always have. This could make doing computer work and art less fun, to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis. THAT'S IT - that is the photo I want to put in my family room - perfect! Only I need it to be more long vs. tall. How would it look 3' x 2 ' or so? I need your advice. I will keep it the same way if you say and just find another place for it. I absolutely love it! I need a copy I can blow up.

    I haven't been ignoring you, I am just very busy with my second job - spring is when everyone wants to buy, sell, move, you name it. It is great for Karina's business, but for me, it is almost too much work...I hate to turn any down, though. LOL so I won't complain.

    When are you guys headed back to Indiana/Michigan? We have missed you. I know you are probably anxious to get to your house, too. I don't know how you leave it all winter, but I know you hate the cold.

    Love to see and read about all your ventures. Have fun, take care, love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Annette!
    I'm glad that I am in a habit of taking several angles of every subject that I photograph, and this scene is no exception! I do have a horizontal aspect of it which is good, and I think it will show well at the size you want.

    You're talking FRAME size of 2' x 3', right? What you can do is to find yourself a frame and then I can resize and crop this and mat it appropriately for the frame that you choose.

    ReplyDelete