Tuesday, June 01, 2010

And when I die....

... and when I'm gone, there'll be one child born in this world to carry on, carry on.

Michael's sister Becky passed from this world .. but now, just a few days later, there is a new life to celebrate. My nephew Joel and his wife Becca just welcomed their first child -- a new baby boy! Both Joel and Becca are wonderful and fun people, and I am sure that they will be fine parents, too! Now I'm a proud great-aunt again! (I have 3 great-nieces and 5 great-nephews now!)

Today Jack and I left Arvada, waving good-bye to John and MaryAnn, after 3 weeks (!) at their house. They *do* have a fabulous deck to show for the time, but my heart goes out to anyone who has to put up with any houseguests for so long!

We got the RV hooked up to the car and .. off we went! We made it as far as Oakley, Kansas today. We stopped only for fuel, a Wal*Mart run, and more fuel. The rig is getting good mileage, scenery was pretty, and the weather was grand -- 90° and blue skies with the sort of clouds in which it's easy to see animals. Today it was elephants, teddy bears, and dragons!

2 comments:

  1. Your locator thingy is not working. Still shows you in Strasburg, Colorado. Glad you made it safe and sound.
    John & MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. I know it's not working. I don't know what's wrong with it, either. We've been on I-70 (because of scarcity of diesel on 36), and we're going through many populated areas, so it's got to be a problem with the system. I'll work on it tomorrow before we go.

    ReplyDelete