Saturday, June 26, 2010

Weight for me

Friday, Jack and I went to Grand Rapids for a little mall-walking. I found a weight bench which I'd been wanting. I guess it's silly that I have waited till I am in my 50's before trying to get strong and fit, but... here I am!

Saturday morning, I put the weight bench together. It's like this one. Mine went together well, and the thing is cool! I have a nice set of dumbells, and I am starting to get more muscles. Yay, me!

We've been working for several more days on Jack's house. We have taken 3 vans-full to Goodwill and have a van-load ready to go to recycling. Oh.. and several bags of garbage. That's all from the back bedroom, including under the bed. I estimate that the upstairs will be ALL done and ready to decorate in 2 weeks.

Last evening, he fixed pork roast, mashed potatoes, and fabulous grilled vegetables for Linda and me. Linda brought makings for strawberry shortcake, and it was great. Tonight, Jack fixed fried rice with veggies for him and me. Then we went to DQ for dessert. :)

1 comment:

  1. Weights are a great thing. Watch out for your shoulders---those rotator cuff things aren't what they used to be at 50. Great way to ward off osteroporsis

    ReplyDelete