Monday, July 12, 2010

For Sale

I've decided to sell this wonderful, beautiful house on the Muskegon River in Paris, Michigan, and move back home to Indiana. My realtor Judy (the one who sold me this house just a year ago) is coming tomorrow to discuss things.

I should have probably held off on buying a house here. I should have stayed near my family. I should have waited till I was more mentally settled after my huge loss. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Whatever. The fact is that I've loved this house. I've had a great time, and I'll always remember the wonderful friends that I've made here. I've gotten lots done and learned much about this area.

While I'm sad that I'm leaving here, I am excited about starting a new life back home in Indiana. I've been looking at beautiful houses in the Avon-Plainfield area, and also at some lovely places in Carmel and Greenwood. I think that I'm leaning toward Avon at this point.

I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

  1. So when a Realtor from Avon calls and knows that you are looking at some other areas as well. Do they identify themselves by saying, "Avon Calling?"

    I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

    Jim E. in Bloomington, IN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janee,

    Sometimes you just have to go with your gut. I'm rooting for you. If you think it is time to sell the house, then it is.

    I suspect the Janee you are discovering is familiar, but with some surprises. I remember you for your creativity, and your willingness to try new things. I hope you are able to exercise your creativity in whatever you do.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, sis! I know you love your house, I love it too. It is just all about location :D We are thrilled you are coming down this way and going to spend your summers with us. We hope that Jack knows he is always welcome here, too.

    We will find you a really nice house down here, though, I am sure. I am excited for you in this new venture and we can all be a mess about moving - at the same time!!! LOL.

    Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember that your friends love you regardless of what you do.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't beat yourself up over missed steps. Your right when you say huge loss---and I think it is so painful that one would do anything to get away from that pain. You'll be happy being a hoosier again. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck - Janee.

    Wish you the best on your transition.

    ReplyDelete