Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Herkimer-Amsterdam Passage

Dona, I rather like the idea of filling the fridge with ice cream, since it was freezing everything, but that's not what we did! Instead, we went down the road to Amsterdam's Camping World (Alpin Haus RV) where they diagnosed and finally fixed our problem. It was a little wire affair which cost only $130 to diagnose and install.

While they were doing this, we shopped at the CW store, laying in some supplies. Then we went to Subway for a bite of lunch. To my horror, I discovered that my credit card, the one I always use, was missing from its usual place in my pouch! We quickly retraced our financial steps, recalling that the last place I used my card was Applebee's in Herkimer. I had the receipt so I called and they HAD it! Happy!

So, after paying for the job and our stuff with another card, we hopped into the car and drove the hour on the toll road ($1.80 each leg, since it was just the car!) back to Herkimer and got the card. Could you feel the change in atmospheric pressure when I heaved that sigh of relief?

Back to Herkimer, we hooked up the car and headed on down the road. We made it to Glenville, NY. And did I mention that it's still raining? It rained this entire day! But we're keeping our spirits up and remaining optimistic that the clouds will clear, revealing that beautiful blue sky that we KNOW is hiding up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment