Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bleak Midwinter

This was one of those evenings when I could have easily snacked a bunch. We had had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes before returning to church for play/choir practice, which went till 7:45. Since I don't eat after 7:30, I didn't get dinner. But my reflux is doing much better. I'd hoped that I'd be seeing smaller numbers on the scale by now, with this significant lifestyle change, but...not happening yet. 

Our FHTV Choir concert was this morning and that went well. We did Caroling, Caroling; In the Bleak Midwinter, Christmastime is Here, and Dona Nobis Pacem. I almost laughed at the title "In the Bleak Midwinter," because it SO does not fit our weather here this year! Sunny and 70 can hardly be called "bleak," after all!  

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it would be a bleak midwinter wherever you are. With your friends, your church, and your singing you seem to be a very joyful person who can send bleak running away. Reading your blog makes me feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Betty! I am quite a joyful person indeed, and I hope that, by reading how I find (and create) joy, others are inspired to find the beauty in their own lives.

    ReplyDelete