Tuesday, February 08, 2011

My New Arrival



My new cottage arrived today! Here it is rolling down the hill into our park:

Going down the road in our park:



Positioned in its temporary spot:
The guys were making final preparations on the site, as we all waited for the cottage to come:

And here it comes! As I shot this, it was going past my old cottage:
And here it is backing into its new lot:
Jack is getting ready to tell the driver that he's close enough to that cottage! The truck came within one inch of that cottage to the right:
A small crowd of onlookers gathered to watch her being positioned:


 
There were more people on the other side of the truck, too!

5 comments:

  1. Nice. Now, does it have more living space than the old one? Did you sell your current cottage? Will moving be one big pain? Your right the cottage is a bit dark, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad you are not going to take this one on the road. You would really look cool at the wheel of that truck ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the square footage?

    Love,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ray! LOL!
    Thank you. More living space? Well, sort of, if you count the loft. Legally, the loft is not counted as living space, since a normal person can't stand up there. It's 4 1/2 feet high. But it'll serve me fine as a bedroom, with my mattress on the floor. That frees up the other bedroom for hobbies and guests! So, yes, there is more living space.

    I have not yet sold my current cottage. I'm asking a reasonable price, so I'm hopeful that someone snaps it up soon.

    Moving won't be as big a deal as moving into or out of a 2000 sq foot house. The only furniture that I have is my dining table and chairs, my loveseat and recliner, 2 filing cabinets (which double as end tables!), and my bed. Oh.. and my grill and firepit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kath, It's 400 square feet. That doesn't include the loft. Sure, it's small, but there's less to clean that way, and you tend to live more simply when there's not much space for stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete