Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two Twenty-two

And not much has changed with my cottage. The awning's on order. Blinds for the front 9 windows are on order. Tile for shower is on order. Kitchen faucet is on order. Floor is on hold till we get the tile in and on. Skirting is yet to be chosen and ordered. Guys are supposedly pouring the concrete footer for the skirting today.

We did get vertical blinds for the four upstairs windows and for the kitchen from Home Depot. We put them in on Saturday. They are a neat non-plain mottled browns and white and they look great.

I took some pictures yesterday, but left the camera over there. While I was taking pictures, Jack was working on installing an electrical box in my bathroom cabinet. This is something that I've enjoyed as a way to keep my appliances charged without having them out on the countertop. What was supposed to be a quick project, however, turned into a half-day ordeal. He had to remove the medicine chest, drill, router, and try all manner of combinations of wire hookups, before he got it to work without tripping the GFCI.

Today's hiking day, but I'm not going. I have not been feeling quite myself lately -- as if the air valve has been released. I'm thinking that I may have hypothyroidism, and I'm thinking that just based upon my Dr's wife experience. Low energy, weight that just will not come off, and maybe even my neck situation. Who knows? I need to make an appointment with my doc.

On Sunday, I discovered a screw embedded in my tire. And this morning my retainer broke when I was taking it out of my mouth. (Yes, it's true. I am a 54 year-young woman who still wears her retainer every night!) I will need to find an orthodontist, I expect, who can replace that for me. Cha-ching! I would say that it's done well, though. In the 25 years since I got my braces off, I've just had two retainers!

People keep asking me when I'm going to be moving into my new cottage and if I've sold this one. I'm going to wait till the new one is ready, unless this one sells before that. If this one should sell before I'm ready to move, my stuff will go into storage and I'll just sleep in the loft of my new place. :)

In other happy news, I'm taking voice lessons. I've thought for a long time that I could be a good singer if I had training, so now we'll see. I'm having fun with it so far!

6 comments:

  1. I thought you would be all moved in by now. You have a bunch of work to get done ---wow.

    singing lessons are a great idea.

    See the doc several of my friends have the thyroid problem-- comes with age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to look forward to.. Wishing you lots of happy time ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I ask what a cottage like yours would cost?
    Hope I'm not being to nosey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you're not being too nosey. The price of mine included setup on my lot (which I rent). It included purchase and installation of the AC and furnace unit. And it included AZ sales tax, which is high. Including all that stuff, it was just about $85K.

    Mine is a pretty "deluxe" model with the extra height of the loft, upgrade finishes, etc.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to John's Daily blog? (McJohnny)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure what's happened to John's blog, Anon. I'll tell him that you asked about him, though. Maybe that will spur him into writing again!

    ReplyDelete