Thursday, January 31, 2013

Walls


Today Jack and I got the walls of his shed built. They are not entirely vertical yet, but that will come. The excitement came when we had to figure out the length of the sloping roof support piece. It is the hypotenuse of a right triangle whose base measures 107" and whose height is 10". The answer surprised us!

Other than a committee meeting for me and an errand for Jack while I did my newspaper puzzles, we built most of the day.

I also spent some time trying to recreate a piece of art I did a few days ago. I learned a lesson I used to teach my students: label your layers with what you did to them. And...SAVE your work with labeled layers. <eyeroll> Can't believe I needed a refresher on that.

Location : Maricopa, Tucson, AZ 85710,

2 comments:

  1. Is the peak of the roof going to be in the center of the shed or at a wall? 107" with a peak in the middle will mean one very large shed. Like almost 18 feet.

    The X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peak is at the wall, not in the center. The shed will be under the awning, and so he's following along the roofline (roughly).

    ReplyDelete