Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Plastic kids?

I got another email from a woman wanting to know how to do "pageant retouching." Here is an example of this sort of thing. I pointed out that this is really not "retouching," but involves recreating the image so that not much of the original photo remains.

But what's the point of this? Is it good to take a photo of a beautiful child and make her look like she would shatter if she fell off the shelf? To take lovely expressive eyes and replace them with glassy vacant doll eyes? I'm just not there.

Sure, I'll retouch. I'll whiten teeth, open eyes up, make wrinkles a little less deep, trim up hair and neaten clothing. I'll even help someone lose a little weight. But to completely replace a child's mouth because she has lost a tooth? Remove braces? Urgh.. The money would have to be pretty good. LOL. However, I wouldn't take a kid and make her plastic for the measly $60 that these artists are getting.


No comments:

Post a Comment