Friday, July 28, 2006

Corning Museum of Glass

We arrived in Bath, NY on um... Wednesday, I think. (I know I'm on vacation and feeling relaxed when I start forgetting what day it is!) Here's Michael relaxing:



We drove into town and went to one of the Finger Lakes, where we were determined to take a cruise on a dinner boat. Well... we found the place and things were not quite as nice as we envisioned. Though the lake was pretty, the area around the dock smelled bad, and things looked pretty worn out. They were not having a cruise that night, and we found out from someone else that the food isn't very good, anyway.

I shot a few pics from around the dock.


Then we went to Stephanie's in downtown Bath for a most delicious dinner!


They were having a concert on the green. We didn't stay for it, but I did get a pic of the gathering crowd.


Yesterday we visited the Corning Museum of Glass. It is a pleasant 30 mile drive from Bath. We started our visit at the Cafe, where I enjoyed my mac and NY cheddar cheese, while Michael suffered through a mediocre hamburger on a cold bun. Then we saw glass artwork and some history and philosophy of glass. Did you know that some glass will bend?




We watched the glass blowers create a beautiful bottle, perused the items for sale, and enjoyed our day!







We had pizza slices at Pizza Deelight in downtown Bath when we returned to town. Mmm!

Then this morning it RAINED! Hard... all morning and part of the afternoon. We did aerobics -- serious aerobics -- in the RV!


1 comment:

  1. Janee,

    When you mentioned Corning NY I was sure you would see the glass factory. Wonderful! I love glass. Also Corning Ware too. What fun.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete