Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hiking day

Today was hiking day, and the Hardy Hikers from Far Horizons did the Bajada View Trail in Saguaro East. It's a pretty challenging hike, with some fairly steep ascents, but overall not a huge elevation change. The heat of the day made it a bit more difficult than it might have been. The hikers were (L to R) Bob, Janee, Bob, Dawn, Duane, Earl, Rob, and Duane. (Two Bobs, and two Duanes!)

After hiking, I did email, took a shower, talked to some friends, and then went to Casa del Rio for supper with the group. Good time, good day!

Here's a pic of me hanging my new lamp in my computer area. I did this a few days ago, and I love the lamp!

2 comments:

  1. some day i would love to come out there and go hiking with you. It would be so fun to do that. sounds like you did have a great day. As for me? A pheasent decided to fly into the front of my brand new vehicle as I was traveling down the road!! Love, Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sister Mine,

    Looks like you had a great day. I envy you the ability to hike difficult trails. I'm doing good to walk the mall, which, by the way, I did today. I'm trying to do as much walking as I can, as I want to keep my leg strength up. Take a picture of the lamp when you can, as I really couldn't see it very well from the shot you posted.
    I called you today, but I thought you were probably busy. I remembered that you said that Tuesday was hiking day.
    Are the folks in the picture the only ones that belong to the hiking club, or are there others that weren't there today?
    I'll talk to you soon.
    Love you - Me

    ReplyDelete