Thursday, November 15, 2007

Raindrops on Roses

Today we had just a wee bit of rain! I counted 12 drops on my deck. :) It is the sort of rain that makes me feel like going out in it so that's what I did. Of course, then it stopped.

After my walk and shower this morning, I did laundry. Then John came over and helped me to finish up the light project. And it is finished and the lights look grand! The pendants we put on the track lighting fixture needed to have pole extenders and so I found aluminum tubes at Lowe's. Some sandpaper roughed them up, giving them a beautiful brushed finish like the other lamp's extenders. So I'm happy!

Ok, you want to see a pic of the lights. In these photos, I have on only the new lights in the kitchen. There are other lights in the ceiling and in the beams. It is a very bright room. Please click these photos to enlarge them.

In this next photo, you can see the enclosure that I made for Maddy under the desk. She has her own window, too, under the desk. There are privacy panels around under the desk for all the other windows, but not at Maddy's window. I made her enclosure with a baby gate and friction-fit curtain rods. It closes with a small bungee cord.


And here's another couple of bonus shots from the kitchen toward the living room. In this first shot, you see my computer. That's where I have been sitting to do all my blog entries since I got here. The computer is sitting on both of the wood boards that Bob made for me and Michael. The space in between the boards helps to dissipate the heat from the computer:

And here's another one of me. :)
I am working on some landscaping for the new place, now that I'm all moved in! :) I am going to be putting in a sort of little patio in the front, with small tiled block "retaining walls" and some kind of paver blocks for a floor. I have a fellow engaged who is going to do the excavating for it, including taking out a weird extraneous piece of concrete that was mistakenly poured there.

I'm also going to be putting in more decking in the back and then an awning over all of the decked areas. As it is now, my deck gets to about 800 degrees when it's noon. Adding the awnings will increase the amount of time that I can be outdoors, and that's good.

Tomorrow, I'll take some "before" shots of the outside of the cottage.

5 comments:

  1. Molly and I really like the way your house looks. you have it fixed very nice. The lighting is really cool looking. Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great house! And what nice things you are doing to it to make it your own. Can't wait to see pictures of the outside - before and after.

    Love,

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Those lights are gorgeous. I see why you wanted them. You can really see what you're doing in that kitchen. Great pics.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following your blog and happy to see your home and learn about the plans you're making. The house looked great and you looked relaxed and happy in the picture.

    I don't know if I should be worried about 'My space' thing. Hope you'll update that from time to time.
    Love,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sis:

    I love the new lights and I can tell you are getting settled in very well. I have been working a lot of hours this week so I can have next week off! I am going to try to clean some around the house and that is about it.

    I am going to give you a call sometime this weekend just to say Hi and hear your voice. Sorry for not calling more, but by the time I have been getting home from work, I just don't really feel like picking up the phone. Silly, but true.

    Steve went hunting (he took the dog so she will not starve - she doesn't eat when he isn't home). Lisa and the kids were going to come over tonight for Chinese (from that little place we took you). I picked it up and got home, no kids...I waited about 30 min. and just when I thought I could wait no more, Lisa called. They got in a car wreck (seems to be going around in our family lately). It happened in one of those new round-a-bouts. It was the other guy's fault and even though the kids were all in the car, everyone was ok. Brayden did get a bump on his head and the ambulance came and took a look at him. Kayleigh was screaming...she was hungry! LOL. Always one of them crying, it seems. I don't know how she keeps her sanity.

    The car is not hurt much and Brayden said "Nana, I bumped my head, but I am ok."

    I will chat with you sometime over the weekend. Love you.

    PS: Your house is so cute! I can't wait to see the yard and the deck when you are done. Sis.

    ReplyDelete