Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hiking Picnic

Today was hiking day! We hiked the Milagroso canyon hike, and it was beautiful, with flowers in bloom and ocatillo in full leaf. I learned what an aster looks like, saw a cat's claw mimosa, and learned the name of the pretty orange tall flower is called -- Globe Mallow. The hike was challenging, but not horrible for me. I think I'm getting stronger! :)

After the hike, we returned to Agua Caliente Park, where the Hiking Club had assembled our food we'd made (and bought). John brought mine -- the Fresh Strawberry Pie! Everything was delicious, and particularly my pie. I was happy that I did get a piece of it, so I could report on how good it was! My pet peeve at potluck dinners like this is when people buy something to bring. It hardly seems fair that they are eating food that other people actually worked on.

The day was beautiful, and the park, to which I'd never been, was wonderful -- a cool relaxing place with a lake and ducks, lots of picnic tables, and tall, tall trees!
I'm relaxing this afternoon at home. It's reading 86° here today at 4pm, and that's warm. I am about to head over to the pool.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful hike!! I cant wait till the day comes I can come to arizona and go hiking with you and your bunch. Maybe next summer. Molly and I are getting estimates for new kitchen cabinets. So much involved! Love ya alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis...I am jealous you had "the pie" and I didn't get any. I do remember that pie!! YUMMY.

    I am sure you are getting stronger, both physically and mentally, with each hike/day. I am very proud of you.

    Steve lost his 92-year-old friend yesterday. He is pretty sad and already lost without his buddy to look after. What a good and long life he had, though. He was in his own house and pretty healthy right up to about a month ago. We should all be so lucky. He came over for dinner almost every night and I am going to miss him, too.

    Steve and I have been looking for a rehab, repo, short sale, or some kind of a "deal" on a house. I just think with the market the way it is, we need to buy something we can "steal" and then fix up and re-sale. We would have to live in it while fixing it up and that is something I don't like, but whatever. We would keep our house and rent it out. We have looked at about 4 places so far, but nothing has come through yet. We will see. We are looking in the Plainfield, Danville, and Avon areas.

    I have been on vacation for several days and have to go back to work tomorrow. I sure don't miss the getting up at 5 a.m. but I do get used to the routine.

    I look forward to your coming this way soon. Let me know when so we can make some plans. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete