Monday, March 24, 2008

Music Poolside

Today is an orange day. :) The sun shone brightly and warmly, with our temperature into the 80's. Even now, at 8:30 pm, it's still 75°! What that means is that people will be flocking out of here soon, back to their summer digs.

I took advantage of the morning's coolness to enjoy a bowl of cereal and another of strawberries out on my deck. Then I worked on email for awhile, before heading out for ingredients for a strawberry pie.

The pie looks great. I hope that it's similar to the one that I made for a party a long time ago-- the pie that Annette and Lisa loved. I really think it is. After I cut into it tomorrow at the Hiking Club picnic, I'll let you know. Here's the recipe:

****************************************************
Fresh Strawberry Pie

Start with a pre-made larger-than-normal graham cracker crust. I like Keebler.
Wash and hull 2 quarts of strawberries. Reserve a few for garnish.
Arrange half the berries in the pie shell.
Mash the other half in a large saucepan.
Add 1.5C water to the pan and turn on the heat.
Stir together 2 C sugar and 6T cornstarch.
Stir the cornstarch mixture into the berries in the pan, gradually.
Heat to boiling, and boil till thick, up to 10 minutes.
Pour the heated berry mixture over the berries in the pie pan.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with some extra berries.

*****************************************************

So after the pie was safely tucked into the fridge, I went to get some more paint for the deck. The part that John and I had stained needed some touchups. The colored stain came only in gallons.

John got a start on this painting, while I took off to the pool. (Don't ask. LOL) The water in our pool is set to 87°, so it's like bath water. I love floating around in there, treading water, or even swimming! But the main thing we do is just hang out and talk.

Today, Harold and Pete were there with guitars and they serenaded us! It just doesn't get any better than sing-alongs with Harold and Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment