Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pics from Milagroso

I took just a few pictures ydy at Milagroso, and even fewer than that were worth a look. So here are just a couple from the hike:

Today is wonderfully warm, with sunshine and a temp of 82 now, at 2:15 in the afternoon. I went out this morning, did my walk, and then had granola with strawberries out on my little front patio.

After that, I changed into my painting duds and finished off the 2nd coat of the painting on the lower deck. It looks good now. I still have to do the upper part and the railings and steps.

Next, I got out my "new" bike. I don't know if I mentioned it in here, but Pam found me a bike at someone's patio sale -- $60 road bike, new tires, and it has 21 gears. I had not ridden it yet, because the seat needed to be adjusted. Pam's husband Mike did that for me yesterday, and so I'm in business.

I rode around the park a little, after Pam and Bob taught me how to stop properly.. and I wore my helmet! I have the beginnings of blisters on my hands from operating the brakes; I'm going to need to get gloves. But no crashes, and no falls, and no almost falls. All is well. I still have my 2-speed (go and stop) coaster-brake park bike, and I'll probably always love it.

Pool time!

4 comments:

  1. Janee, spray that bike seat with Lysol before you get on board. Remember those pictures of the body-painted European nudist bikers? Eeeuw! Better yet, get a new seat.

    I like your yellow cactus posies. You should see the tulips in Big D.

    Love, Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biking gloves, without full fingers. Will protect your hands but still give you full sensation with your finger tips.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like your bike more then I like mine. I have an 18 speed bike and I really miss the bright red JC higgins bike that
    mom and dad got me when i was a kid. Bikes with coaster brakes are
    way better! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots, Janee. And I thoroughly enjoyed the slide show. I don't remember it being there before. Thanks for sharing.

    Maxine (PSNovice)

    ReplyDelete