Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10 in Louisville

Yes, I arrived in Louisville yesterday afternoon at 4:30. Becky, Angie and I caught up for awhile before we left for dinner. KT's served us a fine dinner of prime rib (them) and chicken tortellini (me). Afterwards we went for pie and ice cream at the Pie Kitchen.

I slept in the cool of the house and missed the rain! In fact, I didn't even know it rained till I went back out to the RV this morning, discovering wetness on the couches and floor. Like a doof, I'd left the windows and vent open. Everything will dry today, though, in the sunshine.

Eddie slept fine in the RV and Maddy stayed with me in the coolness of the basement apartment.

So then I awoke fairly early (4:30 Tucson time!) to get ready for my day. Angie and Becky drove me to Don, my accountant's, so I could ask and answer some questions.

I walked back here from there, about 3.5 miles. It was a mostly pleasant walk, though there was lots of loud traffic for parts of the walk. Hot today, but cool in the shade. And the humidity feels um... not wonderful, but not as awful as it could. It actually feels kind of good for my face, and my hair isn't staticky for a change!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there safely. By the way, 4:30 Tucson time is not early in Louisvile (7:30). Sorry, that is early for you isn't it. Poor Eddie, at least he had plenty of water. I sent some suggestions and comments by e-mail. Later

    Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis.

    Glad you are back in proximity, and with family. I can't imagine "missing the humidity" but I guess if you are used to something, you will miss it even if it isn't great.

    Glad the water situation in your "home" wasn't too bad and Eddie didn't go for a swim. I am sure you have asked about your house in Bloomington, but I can only imagine that the road to get there has been closed for days.

    Have fun in Louisville, take care. Love, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know you made it safely back to the midwest. I sure wouldnt miss humidity! Its pretty yucky to try and breath in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all that bad weather back there that we heard about out here was so glad to read you made it safely through. Living in Tucson the heat back there isn't going to seem so bad.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete