Sunday, June 08, 2008

Somewhere in Missouri

I did some artwork tonight! This is a scene to which we were treated in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I didn't have my camera, so I took the picture with my mind, and this is what it looked like.

The sky was churning and gray in my rear view mirror all afternoon! I got off from Kansas City at about noon, as I thought I would. Finding a nice grocery, I stopped and stocked up on a few supplies, including fresh raspberries and bananas. :) I found a cashew chicken salad too, in the deli.

On the road again, I was routed onto US 50 for probably an hour, before the GPS took me back up to I-70. I rode along on 70 till it became time to stop -- a couple of hours, probably. Boonville was the name of the town where I fueled up at Love's and then parked to enjoy a short nap before my chicken salad lunch. Maddy enjoyed a short romp about before retiring back to her treat in her crate so I could resume the trip.

By the way, people have asked me how Eddie travels, and the answer is "very well!" This RV is equipped with a cabover bed which folds up to the ceiling, secured by hooks. Beneath the bed are Eddie-sized cubbyholes, one on either side. Eddie curls up in the one right above me and sleeps peacefully as I drive. Sometimes he'll awaken and maybe mew, but he returns to slumberland just as soon as I say something to him.

I keep his food in another of the cubbies and he and Maddy share the big non-spill water dish in the back of the RV. Eddie's CleverCat litterbox is on the lower bunk bed (with mattress removed), and on the other side of this bunk is Maddy's crate. Petfood bins also store nicely on this bunk. If I had a different floorplan of this RV, I'd have a tough time getting used to having to accommodate pet things in another way; this is so handy!

So at Love's, I took a short nap, as I mentioned, and I dreamed, though I don't remember what it was about. Then I put her into Drive again, arriving here at Lazy Day Campground in Montgomery City, MO, at about 5:30. Hooking up was easy, though, after the sewer hose mishap in Tucson, I'm not looking forward to the dumping that I will have to do in the morning.

I was happy to get a few emails sent out this morning before leaving KC. If yours still hasn't been answered, it may be that it's still in my 21 in my inbox (getting that back down to 10 tonight!) or your email may have been included in my quarterly "email bankruptcy," where I delete everything and start over.

This campground hosted a free ice cream social at 7pm and I went! They had vanilla and/or chocolate, toppings including strawberries, chocolate sauce, hot fudge, pineapple, whipped cream, and cherries. It was great, heavily attended, and delicious!

Thank you for your ongoing love and support, everyone! I'm going to keep the blog coming atcha!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis, love the artwork. You might want to draw a picture of some dry weather! We need it here.

    I hope the last leg of your trip is easier than the first part has been!

    Talk to you soon. Love, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having quite alot of adventures traveling back to Indiana. Such fun!!

    ReplyDelete