Sunday, June 08, 2008

Trees, Grass, and Humidity

The colors in Tucson are wonderful. There are contrasts of the muted shades of tan, purple, gold, and green and the obscenely bright flowers that spice the landscape.

So now I'm in Kansas City, south of the city, actually, in a beautiful county park -- at Longview Lake Campground. And the green is so intense that it almost hurts my eyes. Well.. LOL that may be a bit of an exaggeration.

The air is thick with heat and humidity and the pale blue skies of the last few days have given way to thick fast-moving rainified clouds.

The driving has remained extremely difficult, with winds that toss me about on the road. There have been many times, particularly yesterday, when I would have sworn that my little RV was riding on just the wheels on one side.

Ok... time for me to go unhook before the clouds burst! I'm getting the latest start of this trip. It'll be be close to noon before I leave this place. Wow.. unreal winds.

2 comments:

  1. Be careful. You're heading into some nasty weather. Write or call daily, so we (all of us that read your blog) know that everything is ok.

    Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis...yes, it has been very rainy here and looks like tomorrow and Tuesday will be more of the same. I am not sure you can get to your house even if you were here!!

    I am excited to see you and it sounds like you will be home within the next few days??

    Give me a call as soon as you get in so I at least know you are here.

    Love and kisses.

    ReplyDelete