Monday, August 18, 2008

Time Passing

... and it's passing too fast! For those of you who were concerned about me, I'm in Bloomington, I'm fine, and I'm happy! I won't go into all the stuff that I've been doing, but I've had lots of fun, done some good, and have made progress toward my goals.

I did see Jack, indeed. We had a dandy time together from the 7th - the 16th of August. We climbed hills, we ate good food, we played games, drank a couple of margaritas, laughed with others, shopped at Lowe's, and patched and painted.

Yesterday was fun. Annette and Lisa came down and they helped me to pick out accessories to set up my house to sell. I now have my appraisal, and am just about ready to put the place up on the market. Things I have yet to do:
  • Painting touchups
  • Paint trim on back doors
  • Get paint out of house
  • Put 2 new light bulbs in very high places in garage
  • Curtain rods up
  • Curtains hung
  • New carpet in Master (tomorrow)
  • Set up queen bed in Master
  • Get king bed, recliners out of house
  • Clean bathrooms
  • Clean kitchen floor
  • Clean kitchen counters, sinks
  • Clean fans
  • Move deck furniture to deck (recover?)
  • Plant and mulch flower boxes
  • Plant outside pots
  • Photograph rooms and outside views
  • Create and post website for house photos and specifications
  • Other stuff that I don't know yet
So, in other words, I'm just about done! Actually, it seems as if I have many mountains to climb -- as if I've just begun. I wish I could see the progress I've made, instead of seeing just seemingly insurmountable obstacles!

Other things: After months and months of meditation, I've made the very difficult decision to give Maddy to my friend DL. She will have a good home there, more time and room to roam, while still being an inside dog. And, while I know that I will miss my dog fiercely, I will have the freedom to travel more easily.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and had a good time while you were gone. Sounds like you have a lot of work to do before putting the house on the market. Get going. I'm sure Maddy will be very happy with DL. And you can probably visit any time you wish.
    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see a new posting. We were getting worried about you. I'm glad you were off having fun! I know that must have been a hard decision to make about Maddy, but it sounds like a good one. Good luck with the sale of your house.

    I'm happy to report that I am feeling as well now as I was before the health issue in July. I'd like to feel even better, but I can live with this.

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis. It was fun for us, too. Little elves might make off with some of your workload this weekend ;-) so when you return, maybe you will be down to nothing but a few things and some pictures and website postings.

    Considering the mess you had to deal with, you have made HUGE strides. I am so proud of you and how you have done so much this summer. You have plodded along when I know you didn't want to many days.

    I would not recover the outside furniture. I think a good scrub and then up on the deck with the nice little pot of flowers in the middle, and you will be good to go.

    If you can get the bed in the master by this weekend, that would be helpful so we can get it all set up. We can do most of the painting and touch up, just make sure we know what paint goes where.

    I will bring my credit card down and charge it all up, but boy, will your house look great! :-O Ok, maybe just a few other things.

    Have a good and safe trip! Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now don't forget to let Jack know when all the VE sessions are ;-)

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Maddy and Michael.....you seem to be able to just "forget" those, who you "say" you cared about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly Anonymous:

    That is totally uncalled for and off the wall. It is highly apparent that you know nothing about Janee. Michael is indeed still in many ways an important part of her life. When you deal with her you find this out very quickly.

    I am sure this decision was and is very hard for her. I also am sure that it was made because of the best interests of Maddy.

    Why don't you go harass someone else.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last comment was undoubtedly made by one sick individual. Don't give it a second thought!! Isn't it amazing why someone would want to TRY and inflict pain on someone they don't even know?

    Let me introduce myself, Janee. I found you on the View/Navion website, and I too am the happy owner of a View. Your blog was intriguing to me because you recently lost your partner, and as a happily married 50's female, I was amazed at how well you were coping. You were an inspiration for me, in that you were living the fear that many women share. You were obviously a very caring and loving partner to Michael, and you were both very lucky to have had all of those wonderful years together.

    I know from your posts that you are a very strong person, and will not be shaken by criticism of others. As I said before, some people are quick to judge without having walked in one's shoes. I feel sorry for the sicko that feels they must try and put others down in order to feel better themselves.

    Have a great day, Janee.

    Deb in Chattanooga

    ReplyDelete
  8. How bizarre that anyone would have the gaul to criticize someone so randomly. I don't know Janee and I didn't know Michael in person, but I have read Janee's blog since the beginning. During those tough times with Michael, I was totally amazed at the obvious devotion between them - it was like Michael was helping Janee prepare for life without him. What is one supposed to do when you lose your life's partner? Give up? Not live?

    Excuse me, but hell no! Janee is alive and full of life and why the heck can't two people who have obviously found joy in one another grab life and live it?

    Two thumbs up from another stranger in Texas! I was kind of concerned that the bitter comments made by someone in an earlier blog posting may have scared Janee into not continuing with her blog. So glad she is flipping them the bird!

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete